Thursday, August 16, 2007

Big Decision

So, I had posted that there were lots of things happening with me over the next little while. We had decided that I was going to open up a kid's shoe store, and were well on our way to doing just that. Then, the other night while I was signing Kaia up for ballet lessons it hit me for some reason that I would be missing out on so much of my kid's lives. The reasoning we originally had for opening the store was that, yes, in the beginning I would have to work TONS of hours around the clock........but the hope was that as the years went on, that my hours would get less and that I would have some flexibility. We prayed alot about it and were feeling led to do it.......but then the realization that I was going to be missing such a crucial part of the kid's lives crept in. Josh is only 3 and Kaia is only 2, and what a hard time to miss if I was working constantly. So, with a heavy heart, we pulled out of our decision to open the store. My dream of having my own business will have to wait......sigh........

On a happier note, as I mentioned, we signed Kaia up for ballet lessons. I'm VERY excited as I was a dancer myself for 10 years and I hope she enjoys it as well. For Josh, in the fall we are signing him up for swimming and possibly Dash sports (which is a mixture of a bunch of sports) and in the winter he will start skating lessons with Tim, and continue swiming as well. He is also starting once a week preschool program. So, our fall will be very busy indeed. Of course, on top of this he has Sunday school......so hopefully all of this will help him to prepare for junior kindergarden in Fall 2008.

Tim has just over a week left at DSC, then we'll have a week off. We haven't decided what we are doing on his week off yet, but probably nothing too exciting!! Our cruise is quickly as approaching (you can see my countdown ticker to the left)......but my waistline is not shrinking as fast as I'd like it to!!

Today I have to spend the big part of the day doing laundry as Josh spoiled not one set, but TWO sets of sheets last night. I'm not sure what's up with that. So I have lots of sheets to wash, on top of my regular Thursday laundry rotoation. Fun fun!!

1 comment:

Jen said...

Laura - what a difficult decision, but I think you made the right choice for your family. You can always open your own store when the kids get a little older. It is my dream too, and that was one of my reasons as well for waiting a while :O)